My client, a growing mid-size pharmaceutical services company is currently growing their activities therefore looking for a VP of Clinical Services to join one of their office in Ulm Area, Germany and manage full service Clinical CRO division.
– Responsible for all operational and strategic aspects of the design and implementation of clinical trial services, overall client satisfaction and divisional profitability
– Supervise and develop 6 Departmental Heads to assure high quality Service delivery.
– Leading, guiding and inspiring approx. 80 employees, through your Clinical Services team (Clinical Conduct and Medical Services in our Phase I CPU, Clinical Laboratory, Project Management, Data Management, Biostatistics, Medical Writing, Regulatory Affairs and Monitoring Services)
– Supervise ongoing projects and assure their performance with respect to quality standards (SOPs, ICH-GCP), contract and timelines
– Responsible for the divisional P&L, with oversight of the clinical program budget across the portfolio
– Providing active support and participation in client acquisition and contracting in close collaboration with Business Development and the other divisional leaders.
– Assure a continuous communication between the project team and client for an effective study performance, respecting administrative and regulatory authority matters, ensuring client satisfaction
– Further development and improvement of the divisional organization including structure, processes and systems with the objective of process efficiency, quality enhancement and margin optimization
– Fostering an environment supporting innovation and smart risk-taking in Clinical
– Services to help the division continuously evolve and improve.
Your Profile :
– PhD or equivalent in Life Sciences (medicine or healthcare discipline preferred)
– 15+ years of experience in Clinical Development, particularly in Early Development, preferably in both Pharma and CRO, with at least 10 years of project and/or line management experience in a Clinical CRO
– Knowledge and experience in planning, conducting and reporting of clinical trials, including practical experiences in Project Management, Clinical Operations and at least a solid understanding of Data Management, Biostatistics and Pharmacovigilanc
– Experience of leading a large operational team and effecting change
– Strong financial acumen with a solid understanding of proposal and contract generation, operational and margin growth and budget management
– Proven track record of succeeded business growth
– Leadership and hands-on management, influencing skills, high personal initiative and team spirit, commitment, and accountability
– Distinct organizational, problem-solving and analytical skills
– Excellent English skills oral and written, and at least a basic understanding of German.