My client is an innovating, dynamic and growing international pharmaceutical company currently expanding their team in Switzerland, Vaud Canton. Due to this growth my client is looking for Senior Expert Scientist In Vitro Pharmacology to lead activities of in vitro biology and the analysis of the generated data necessary for the identification and the development of the future candidates.
– Participates in the definition of the strategic axes of the biology and in the choice and implementation of corresponding technological solutions for in vitro biology.
– Conducts interactions with CRO partners for all in vitro biology activities especially functional activities (3D, ex vivo etc. …).
– Supervises in vitro biology activities and analyzes the data generated in the research phases.
– Contributes to the evaluation and prioritization of projects in the Research portfolio
– Provides scouting, evaluation, and recommends opportunities for licensing and / or internalization of molecules and / or projects in the different phases of Research and Development.
– Participates in identifying future strategic direction
– Ensures the identification, selection and management of strategic collaborations of the Research Department
– Contributes to the management of the global research budget
– Contributes to maximizing the value proposition of Research and Development projects.
Expected Qualifications :
– PhD in Molecular or Cellular Biology.
– Post-doctorate in an academic or industrial environment – preferably abroad.
– Academic training or acquired by the years in Research in the pharmaceutical industry and drug discovery.
– You have 10 years of minimum expertise in academic or industrial research in in vitro pharmacology associated with human health, as well as experience in conducting collaborative research programs with external partners
– You have a very strong expertise in in vitro pharmacology and in specific models especially 3D models; models on ex-vivo human skin.
– You have a proven track record of Multidisciplinary Team Leadership.
– You have a good knowledge of early clinical development as well as a good knowledge of skin biology and dermatological pathologies.
– You have demonstrated experience of effective partnership with CROs.
– Excellent teaching and presentation skills are expected as well as an excellent ability to work in a multicultural team.
– You have proven experience of project management.
– You speak and write English fluently.