Head of Molecular Dermatology
My client is an innovating, dynamic and growing international pharmaceutical company currently expanding their global project management team in Switzerland, Vaud Canton.
Due to this growth my client is looking for a Head of Molecular Dermatology whom will be responsible for the strategy, conduct and interpretation of the Global Molecular Dermatology activities (genomics, proteomics, metabolomics, morphology and molecular histology, bioinformatics and biological interpretation) and translational activities necessary for identification, design and progression in development of future systemic (oral, biological) and topical drug candidates.
- Contributes to define the future strategic areas of Research
- Contributes to implement the Research Strategy in line with the overall strategy and implement the corresponding technological solutions.
- Contribute, in cooperation with other functions of Research to the definition of biomarker strategy necessary for the preclinical and clinical evaluation of the targets
- Contributes to the definition and implementation for each program of the necessary translational activities.
- Proposes the strategy in Molecular Dermatology and associated bioinformatics activities in line with the global strategy
- Contributes to the evaluation and prioritization of projects.
- Defines the needs, selects and maintains a pool of CRO partners to conduct the Molecular Dermatology and associated bioinformatics activities needed to implement the strategy.
- Organizes and directs the activities of Molecular Dermatology and associated bioinformatics in the Research and Development phase, necessary to ensure the clinical evaluation of a portfolio of innovative projects aligned with the strategy
- Organizes and directs the interaction with the CRO partners for all Molecular Dermatology, bioinformatics and biomarker activities.
- Contributes to the definition of the innovation strategy in the field of biology and participates in the implementation of the selected strategies.
- Contributes to the identification, selection and management of strategic collaborations of the Research Department
- Provides scouting, evaluation, and recommends opportunities for licensing and / or internalization of molecules and / or projects in the different phases of Research and Development.
- Contributes to the management of the global research budget
- Contributes to maximizing the value proposition of Research and Development projects.
- PhD in general biology or PhD in a discipline of molecular biology (genomics, proteomics, metabolomics …) or equivalent.
- Post-doctorate in an academic or industrial environment – preferably abroad.
- Academic training or acquired through the experience of pharmacokinetics and pharmacology in vitro and in vivo.
- Academic or experiential training in the drug discovery and development process and in particular in the development of oral small molecules and biologics (monoclonal antibodies etc.)
- You have minimum 15 years of expertise in academic or industrial research in the field of in vitro and in vivo pharmacology associated with human health, of which an important part in the field of molecular biology (omics).
- You have excellent knowledge of bio-marker approaches in clinical research.
- You have demonstrated a successful experience conducting collaborative research programs with external partners.
- You have good knowledge of skin biology and dermatological pathologies, immunology and biology of inflammatory processes of inflammation.
- You have excellent knowledge of development processes and early clinical development in particular.
- Excellent teaching and presentation skills are expected, as well as an excellent leadership capacity with a multicultural and multidisciplinary team.
- You speak and write English fluently.
Please send application to firstname.lastname@example.org